Initiating and having conversations with patients and their families about a serious illness is very much a skill that requires training and practice, just as any other complex medical technique or procedure. This immersive training has been developed by experts to assist providers successfully prepare and navigate their way through having a serious illness conversation with patients and family members.
- Increase physician satisfaction by training them on approaching situations that are difficult
- Reduce physician burnout – the loss and replacement of a single primary care physician will cost from $600,000 to $1 million
- Improve patient/family satisfaction with provider interactions
- Improve care by increasing the options discussed with patients
- Provide “practice” for providers to cement learning over time
- Increase organizational sustainment with low cost training of newly hired staff while providing reminders for all staff